The moment Nan-Hui was taken into custody at Yolo County Jail, ICE and Customs and Border Protections placed an immigration hold on her and began deportation proceedings against her. While Nan-Hui cannot be deported while in custody at Yolo County, once the judge announces his sentencing she faces a high risk of removal from the country. Both ICE and CBP have the prosecutorial discretion to drop the hold under the parental interests directive. However, in spite of months of pressure from organizations and individuals across the country, they still have not released the hold. There are three ways that you can continue to put pressure on them:
SIGN THE PETITION: Every time you sign, our petition directly delivers an email message to the directors of both ICE and CBP San Francisco offices. We have received more than 8K signatures thus far. Help us get to 10K by Nan-Hui’s sentencing hearing on 4/28! Sign and share our link! http://bit.ly/standwithnanhui.
CALL THE DIRECTORS OF ICE AND CBP’s SF OFFICES: Tell ICE and CBP that Nan-Hui Jo is a domestic violence survivor and that they should drop the immigration hold against her!
Who to call:
- Craig Meyer, ICE Field Director (415) 8445512. Press #4
- Ricardo Scheller, CBP Support Director (415) 7829201
- Brian Humphrey, CBP Field Operations Director (415) 7441530 Ext. 234
- Sarah Saldaña, National ICE Director (202) 7323000 / (888) 3514024
“I am calling to ask [NAME] to drop the immigration hold against Ms. NanHui Jo (A098 906 641) and allow her to reunite with her six year old daughter. Ms. Jo is a survivor of domestic violence and [ICE: her case should be considered under ICE’s parental interests directive / CBP: the circumstances of her situation should be taken into account]. I ask that ICE/CBP drop the immigration hold against Ms. Jo, not detain her, and not initiate any deportation proceedings against her.”
MASS TWEET ICE NATIONAL HEADQUARTERS: You can reach them at @wwwicegov and @CustomsBorder. Be sure sure to include NanHui Jo’s identification number (A098 906 641) and hashtag #SarahSaldaña, ICE’s director.
- Exercise discretion: drop #deportation charges against DV victim Ms. NanHui Jo (A 098 906 641) #StandWithNanHui @wwwicegov @CustomsBorder
- Drop deportation charges on domestic violence survivor NanHui Jo (A098 906 641). Let her stay with her child #StandWithNanHui @wwwicegov
- #SarahSaldaña NanHui Jo (A098 906 641) is under parental interests directive, not deportation: drop charge! #StandWithNanHui @wwwicegov
Download our document for more detailed instructions: ICECBPNATIONALCALLTOACTION.